Director of Product Marketing
Platform9 is seeking a world-class marketer who desires to make a substantial impact within the cloud infrastructure and open source industry. Backed by Redpoint Ventures and Menlo Ventures, Platform9’s fully open source-as-a-service product is the only one of its kind today, and we are looking to a product marketing leader to help tell that story. If you have an appetite to work for a game-changing company and the energy to succeed, let’s talk.
About the Position
The director of product marketing will be responsible for segmenting our market and creating and communicating our story via go-to-market activities. This role will improve how customers experience our product and will include competitive analysis and positioning, cross-functional leadership, product launches and more. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who is also capable and excited to be extremely hands on for execution of content creation, messaging and marketing programs overall. They will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Define and develop Platform9’s go-to-market positioning & messaging
- Deliver a flawless end-to-end experience for customers to evaluate our product, working with and influencing product management & engineering
- Analyze user, market and competitive research to empathize with the customer by segment
- Develop and execute high impact marketing campaigns including product launches
- Iterate on value proposition and articulate key product benefits and differentiators by use case
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of product marketing/management experience
- Excellent influencing skills with strong ability to both listen to and negotiate with people at all levels and functions
- Excellent written, verbal, visual communication skills
- Extensive experience developing and validating positioning, category creation, messaging and compete
- Experience launching products in PM or PMM capacity for iconic brands
- A track record of delivering compelling buy paths/pre-purchase product experiences
- High energy with self-starter work ethic
- Exceptional project management and prioritization skills
- Quant and analytical skills – experience with KPI-based reporting a must
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in CS/Engineering with an MBA from a top-tier school
Platform9 provides open source-as-a-service for enterprises that need faster and easier ways to manage cloud infrastructure across multiple platforms. Unlike do-it-yourself or legacy solutions, Platform9 delivers best-of-breed cloud infrastructure like OpenStack and Kubernetes as SaaS-managed solutions to reduce cost and time to value, all while avoiding being locked into a single vendor ecosystem. Platform9 helps DevOps and IT teams focus on solving core business problems while automating much of the set-up and management process on the back end. It has enabled customers like Box, Blue Cross Blue Shield and PlayStation to realize a greater than 99 percent success rate with OpenStack projects. Founded in 2013 by a team of early VMware engineers, Platform9 is backed by Menlo Ventures and Redpoint Ventures, and headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, visit www.platform9.com.