We are looking for an awesome System Administrator who loves to build automated, robust and highly scalable operating environments for software. We are looking for someone taking ownership of our small but rapidly growing private cloud infrastructure. At Platform9 you will have the opportunity to work on infrastructure that will help us build and deploy our software quickly, securely and repeatably. The person hired for this role will build the foundation for how we manage our physical infrastructure in the future.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that’s building a platform for engineers like you to manage large private clouds. This role is crucial to the next phase of growth for the company.
We look for these qualities in a candidate:
- A passion for documentation and automation. We have a strong culture of replacing manual processes with repeatable automation
- Experience with Linux administration (CentOS and Ubuntu preferred)
- Experience managing physical infrastructure deployments including capacity planning, power management, cabling/wiring expertise, inventory management, etc.
- Familiarity with configuration and management of Layer 2/Layer 3 physical network infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with server administration: RAID, NFS, package managers, file systems
- Experience in network management, DNS management, switch configuration, VLAN, security and best practices, VPN, etc.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages
- A positive attitude and an ability to work with multiple competing demands on your time
Skills that will give you an edge:
- Knowledge of OpenStack, KVM, VMware or Docker is highly desirable
- Configuration Management using Salt, Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure and automation: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, boto, etc.
- Best practices with disaster recovery: backup and recovery, snapshots, always-up systems
- Comfortable with industry standard practices related to security
- Experience with alerting systems, monitoring tools and performance metric-gathering tools such as collectd
As a growing startup, Platform9 offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible vacation policies
- Catered lunches
- On-site massages
What to expect from the interview process
- If you’re interested, please send us a resume and a short paragraph or two about why you want to work at Platform9.
- Phone interview – If we believe you’ll be a good fit, we’ll conduct a phone interview. In this interview we’ll talk about your past experience, interests and try to assess if your background is a good fit.
- In-person interview – If the phone interview goes well, we’ll invite you to the Platform9 office for an in-person conversation with our team.
- We’ll let you know of our decision either way within 7 days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply Now
Latest posts by Amrish Kapoor (see all)
- The unforgiving cycle of cloud infrastructure costs (and the CAP theorem that drives them) - April 23, 2019
- 6 Key Insights from OpenStack Summit Vancouver - May 24, 2018
- Platform9 Brings SaaS and Serverless to Kubecon Europe - April 30, 2018