Platform9 Accelerates DevOps Productivity with Latest Kubernetes Release
Newest updates offer unmatched flexibility through the industry’s first multi-version SaaS managed Kubernetes platform, one-click cluster creation, and effortless observability and logging for accelerated troubleshooting
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Platform9, the first company to provide open-source SaaS managed solutions for private and edge clouds, today announced a number of new features to provide operational efficiencies for its freedom, growth, and enterprise managed Kubernetes products. Key advances include multi-version Kubernetes support, enhanced cluster deployment options, and upgraded manageability. Use cases span Technology, Retail, Telco, Media, and Entertainment verticals.
“Focused on offering ease-of-use features and increasing efficiencies, this product release continues to address deployment challenges faced by IT, DevOps, and SRE and IT teams while increasing our solution’s flexibility, performance, and end-to-end management,” said Madhura Maskasky, Platform9 co-founder and VP of Product. “The result is tangible and significant savings and productivity gains for all our customers, be they free tier, growth, or enterprise, across a variety of use cases and verticals.”
“Kubernetes is on a clear glide path to broad deployment in the enterprise and Platform9’s unique SaaS managed approach unburdens users from the complexities of Kubernetes while ensuring the fastest adoption possible,” Maskasky explained further.
“Focused on offering ease-of-use features and increasing efficiencies, this product release continues to address deployment challenges faced by IT, DevOps, and SRE and IT teams while increasing our solution’s flexibility, performance, and end-to-end management”
Featured updates include:
- Operational Freedom with Industry’s First Managed, Multi-version Kubernetes. Until now, running different versions of Kubernetes across the software lifecycle added significant cost, time, and complexity to the DevOps process. Platform9 now allows all DevOps teams complete freedom to run multiple versions of managed Kubernetes across staging, production, and development environments. Users can also decide which upgrades and patches to perform and time them at their convenience.
Stephen Pride, Senior Systems Cloud Engineer at Snapfish noted, “Enabling my team to run multiple versions of managed Kubernetes across staging, production, and development is a game changer. This allows quick testing of new K8s features whilst maintaining stable production environments, enhancing our ability to deliver to our customers. I estimate that the 5.0 release will save us significant hours per month, freeing the team for more value-added work and significantly simplifying our end-to-end DevOps processes.”
- One-click Cluster Deployment across Multiple Clouds. Platform9 users can now deploy a cluster with one-click across VMs, physical servers, AWS, and Azure. This drastically simplifies cluster creation for both VM and physical environments. Additionally, the new Platform9 Terraform provider enables users to leverage automation to build clusters.
- Enhanced Observability and Logging Improves System Health Insight. System availability is a 24 x 7 necessity for DevOps environments. This release significantly improves system health insight including new dashboards for Kube Events statistics, file system usage, CPU, Memory, and Network usage, as well as API Server support.
- Consistent and Declarative Clusters and Profiles via GitOps Ready APIs. Platform9 is transforming how users interact with clusters through the introduction of new APIs for declarative clusters and profile-based deployments. The combination of the new APIs and profiles ensures clusters remain consistent across environments and are built exactly to specification, saving significant operational time and effort.
Additional resources can be found below:
- Platform9 Release 5.0 blog
- Platform9 Managed Kubernetes Overview documentation
- Managed Kubernetes web page link here
Platform9 is the leading Managed Kubernetes provider for private and edge clouds. With a mission to enable freedom in cloud computing, the company delivers cloud-native technologies with SaaS simplicity that are easy to operate and scale, while supporting broad cloud capabilities that run on any infrastructure. The company’s SaaS management model has been proven to eliminate management complexity and costs through automated cluster upgrades, security patches, and fully-managed monitoring and troubleshooting across multiple points of presence, edge sites, and data centers with guaranteed SLAs. Headquartered in Mountain View, CA, Platform9 clients include enterprises such as Kingfisher Retail, Redfin, Cloudera, Yext, and Juniper Networks. For additional information please visit Platform9.com, refer to the Platform9 blog and download the recent Forrester Wave™: MultiCloud Container Development Platforms, Q3 2020 Report. Follow Platform9 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Media and Analyst Contact
SOURCE Platform9 Systems, Inc.