Integrating SolidFire with Cinder Block Storage
You can integrate SolidFire to work with Cinder block storage in Platform9 Managed OpenStack.
You must specify the login credentials for SolidFire in the Clarity UI when you authorize a host for block storage, or edit a host to configure it for block storage.
Follow the steps given below to integrate SolidFire with Cinder block storage.
- Log in to Clarity with administrator credentials.
- Click Infrastructure.
- Select the host to be configured and then click Configure Host on the toolbar above the list of hosts.
- Click Block Storage.
- Select the Yes check box for Make host a Cinder Block Storage node.
- Enter the identifier label in the Storage Backend Label. This is a label to identify the storage backend.
- Select SolidFire as the Driver Type.
- Enter the IP address of the Storage Area Network (SAN) with SolidFire storage.
- Select the Add Block Storage Credentials to the Platform9 control plane check box.
- Enter the SolidFire login ID in Login.
- Enter the SolidFire password in Password.
- Click Update Block Storage Details.
The host used for Cinder block storage is able to communicate with the SolidFire storage in the SAN, after configuration of the SolidFire credentials.