Platform9 Presents Five Events to Share Best Practices for Serverless Applications and Operating Large-Scale Kubernetes in Production
Cloud native and Kubernetes experts show how to get large-scale production Kubernetes clusters up and running on-premises, how to operate etcd with etcdadm, ways to compose Serverless functions and optimize cost/performance of serverless apps, and more.
Sunnyvale, CA – April 4, 2018 – Platform9, the leader in SaaS-managed hybrid cloud, today announced it will present three sessions on Serverless applications at two upcoming industry events – Serverless Architecture Conference and SATURN 2019. The company will also host two Kubernetes-focused online events: a technical webinar with the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) as well as a DevOps.com webinar featuring a Platform9 user at Juniper Networks.
1Erwin van Eyk Presents “Going FaaSter: Cost-Performance Optimizations of Serverless on Kubernetes” at Serverless Architecture Conference
Serverless Architecture Conference helps developers and software architects master cloud-native architectures, learn more about the Kubernetes ecosystem and how to take advantage of Functions. The conference takes place between April 8-10, 2019 in The Hague, Netherlands.
Erin van Eyk, is a software engineer at Platform9 and contributes to Fission.io: an open-source, Kubernetes-native, Serverless platform. Erwin will be presenting different optimizations used in popular FaaS platforms, and recent research findings that aim to optimize the trade-offs between cost and performance.
- Going FaaSter: Cost-Performance Optimizations of Serverless on Kubernetes
- Wednesday, April 10 at 11:45 a.m. CEST
- Serverless Architecture Conference, The Hague, Netherlands
2Daniel Lipovetsky Presents “Kubernetes in Production: Operating etcd with etcdadm” on CNCF-hosted Webinar
In this webinar, hosted by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), Daniel Lipovetsky presents etcdadm, an open source project recently adopted by the Kubernetes Cluster Lifecycle SIG. etcdadm is a command-line tool with a kubeadm-like interface that allows users to easily configure, install and operate secure etcd clusters.
Daniel will explain the etcdadm design in depth, and discuss how Platform9’s experience running etcd clusters in production informed that design. Daniel will also demonstrate deploying a highly available etcd cluster using etcdadm, recovering the cluster from both partial and complete failures. In the process, Daniel will cover important etcd runtime parameters and caveats of dynamic cluster reconfiguration.
- Webinar: Kubernetes in Production – Operating etcd with etcdadm
- Tuesday, April 16 T 10 a.m. Pacific
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation Webinar Series
3Ravi Ravichandran – VP Cloud Platform Engineering, Cloud Operations & DevOps at Juniper Networks – Discusses “5 Lessons Learned from Large-scale Kubernetes in the Enterprise” on DevOps.com Webinar
Platform9 customer Ravi Ravichandran – VP Cloud Platform Engineering, Cloud Operations & DevOps at Juniper Networks – will be joined by Sirish Raghuram, Platform9 CEO, for a lively discussion on how to get a large-scale production Kubernetes cluster up and running in on-premises environments.
Ravi and Sirish will discuss how to avoid the pitfalls of running production Kubernetes and ensuring high-availability, scalability, and performance. They will also touch upon the implications of building and operating your own production clusters using your own resources and upstream Kubernetes versus commercial alternatives available in the market.
Join the webinar to learn tips, best practices, and architectural approaches for the initial implementation as well as for the on-going day-2 operations.
- Webinar: 5 Lessons Learned from Large-scale Kubernetes in the Enterprise
- Tuesday, April 16 at 12 p.m. Pacific
- Devops.com hosted Webinar Series
4Josh Hurt Presents “Function Composition in a Serverless World” at SATURN 2019
SATURN 2019 brings software architects, developers, technical managers, and researchers together to share ideas and insights about effective architecture-centric practices for developing and maintaining software-intensive systems. The conference takes place between May 6-9, 2019 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Josh Hurt is a senior software engineer at Platform9. Josh will explore four available options for composing functions, along with a deep dive into workflows, using examples and live demos for each approach.
- Function Composition in a Serverless World
- Tuesday, May 7 at 3:30 p.m. Eastern
- SATURN 2019 Conference, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5Vamsi Chemitiganti Presents “Quick Wins for Modernizing Legacy Applications with Serverless” at SATURN 2019
Vamsi Chemitiganti is the Chief Strategist at Platform9 where he works with Platform9’s Client CXOs and Architects to help them realize key business transformation initiatives. Vamsi will discuss key patterns and quick wins for modernizing legacy applications using serverless architectures and functions-as-a-service (FaaS).
- Quick Wins for Modernizing Legacy Applications with Serverless
- Thursday, May 9 at 1:45 p.m. Eastern
- SATURN 2019 Conference, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- See @erwinvaneyk present at @serverlesscon for “Going FaaSter: Cost-Performance Optimizations of #Serverless on #Kubernetes https://serverless-architecture.io/docker-kubernetes-co/going-faaster-cost-performance-optimizations-of-serverless-on-kubernetes/ @fissionio #FaaS #K8s
- Watch this CNCF (@CloudNativeFdn) Webinar – #Kubernetes in Production: Operating #etcd with etcdadm https://zoom.us/webinar/register/6715537961526/WN_NygzWrojRe69zNSDS2cDww
- Hear Ravi Ravichandran at @JuniperNetworks Discuss “5 Lessons Learned from Large-scale #Kubernetes in the Enterprise” on a @devopsdotcom webinar https://webinars.devops.com/five-lessons-learned-from-large-scale-implementation-of-kubernetes-in-the-enterprise @sirishraghuram #ITOps #Cloud
- Join Josh Hurt at #SATURN19 where he’ll be presenting “Function Composition in a #Serverless World” https://saturn2019.sched.com/event/LY4o/function-composition-in-a-serverless-world?iframe=yes&w=100%&sidebar=no&bg=no# @SATURN_News @fissionio #FaaS #kubernetes
- Join @VamsiTalksTech at #SATURN19 to learn about the “Quick Wins for Modernizing Legacy #Apps with #Serverless” https://saturn2019.sched.com/event/Ff8Q/quick-wins-for-modernizing-legacy-applications-with-serverless?iframe=no&w=100%&sidebar=no&bg=no @SATURN_News #FaaS #cloud #kubernetes
Platform9 (platform9.com) delivers a SaaS-managed hybrid cloud solution that turns existing infrastructure into a cloud, instantly. We help enterprises drive digital transformation by enabling them to manage VMs, Containers and Serverless Functions on ANY infrastructure — on-premises, in public clouds, or at the edge – with a self-service, simple and unified experience. Customers such as Cadence, Autodesk, Veritas, Nanometrics, EBSCO, Bitly, LogMeIn, and Aruba see upwards of 300 percent improvement in IT efficiency, 33 percent faster time to market, and 50-80 percent improvement in data center utilization and cost reduction. The company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, and is backed by Redpoint Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Canvas Ventures, and HPE.Back to Press