Platform9 Named as a Top Hyperconverged System in Leading Analyst Report
Analyst Survey of 260 Enterprises Recognized Platform9’s SaaS Managed Frameworks for Advancing Hybrid Cloud Management
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — August 9, 2017 — Platform9, the next-generation open cloud company, has been listed as one of the top three hyperconverged systems in the EMA™ Enterprise Decision Guide for Hybrid Cloud, Containers and DevOps. The report examined survey results from 260 randomly-selected North American enterprises with 500+ employees, to provide enterprises the guidance needed to advance and efficiently manage hybrid cloud, DevOps and containers.
“IT leaders increasingly face the challenges of balancing cost, security and compliance when it comes to building and maintaining a reliable hybrid cloud system,” said Sirish Raghuram, CEO and co-founder at Platform9. “Platform9 is experiencing strong customer momentum due to our unique, SaaS-managed approach to hybrid clouds. We allow customers to break down the barriers that exist between proprietary cloud ecosystems — a necessity when you consider that most major enterprises are multi cloud shops today.”
Platform9 aims to be the software delivery vehicle of choice for cloud developers and continues to make considerable headway as a hybrid cloud leader. Its enterprise customers have seen major improvements in efficiency, flexibility and agility of their on‐premises systems by incorporating Platform9’s open source SaaS managed frameworks. Platform9’s enterprise customer base growth of 360 percent over the last year, with marquee customers including Cadence Design, Autodesk, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Sony Playstation.
This announcement comes on the heels of a banner year for Platform9, including:
- Introducing two new industry-first products to the market, Managed Kubernetes and Fission. To eliminate the steep learning curve associated with Kubernetes and allow DevOps and IT teams to focus on solving core business problems, Platform9 introduced two new products to the market. Platform9 Managed Kubernetes service, the industry’s first infrastructure-agnostic, SaaS-managed offering, along with Fission, an open source, serverless framework built on Kubernetes.
- Raising new capital to fuel global growth. Platform9 announced $22 million in Series C funding, led by Canvas Ventures. HPE and existing investors Redpoint Ventures and Menlo Ventures, bringing Platform9’s total capital raised to date to $36.5 million. With this round, Platform9 will further scale its sales, marketing and product teams worldwide.
- Launching the Platform9 Cloud Partner Program to support a surge in demand for hybrid cloud solutions. Developed for resellers to provide the latest and best cloud solutions to their clients, the program equips partners with extensive training and tools to successfully deploy Platform9 Managed Kubernetes and Managed OpenStack solutions.
Find more information on the report here.
- Learn more about the industry’s #1 Kubernetes-as-a-service solution:
- Experience the fastest and easiest way to experience SaaS-managed OpenStack or Kubernetes:
- Contribute to Fission, the industry’s leading open source serverless framework:
Platform9 delivers the next-generation open cloud for enterprises to deploy, monitor and maintain hybrid clouds across multiple platforms. Platform9 provides cloud infrastructure like OpenStack and Kubernetes as SaaS-managed solutions, along with the serverless project, Fission, to customers such as Cadence Design, Autodesk, Splunk and EBSCO, enabling speed and scale without being locked into a single vendor ecosystem. The company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and is backed by Redpoint Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Canvas Ventures and HPE. For more information, visit www.platform9.com.
Founded in 1996, EMA is a leading industry analyst firm that specializes in providing deep insight across the full spectrum of IT and data management technologies. EMA analysts leverage a unique combination of practical experience, insight into industry best practices, and in-depth knowledge of current and planned vendor solutions to help clients achieve their goals. Learn more about EMA research, analysis, and consulting services for enterprise line of business users, IT professionals and IT vendors at http://www.enterprisemanagement.com or blogs.enterprisemanagement.com. You can also follow EMA on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Bateman Group for Platform9