Platform9 Named One of 10 Emerging Cloud Vendors You Need to Know About in 2016
Sunnyvale, Calif. – July 27, 2016 – Platform9, the company making cloud infrastructure easy, today announced that it has been named one of 10 emerging cloud vendors you need to know about in 2016 by CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company.
Platform9 is one of 100 vendors on CRN’s Emerging Vendors list that recognizes up-and-coming technology suppliers who are shaping the future of the IT channel through unique technological innovations. In addition to celebrating these standout companies, the Emerging Vendors list also serves as a valuable resource for solution providers looking to expand their portfolios with cutting-edge technology.
“The select group of companies on our Emerging Vendors list have already made a name for themselves in their short time in the IT community, introducing leading-edge technologies with the potential to transform their segments of the IT market,” said Robert Faletra, CEO of The Channel Company. “These tech suppliers are quickly making their mark on the industry and are the ones solution providers should watch in 2016.”
Earlier this year, Platform9 was named a Cool Vendor in Cloud Management by Gartner(1). Platform9 breaks the complexity barrier for cloud infrastructure with the first SaaS-based Managed OpenStack and Managed Kubernetes solutions for enterprises.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack transforms an organization’s server infrastructure into an AWS-like agile, self-service private cloud within minutes — enabling organizations small or large to run their private clouds efficiently, at scale, while leveraging the latest open source innovations.
- Platform9 Managed Kubernetes is an enterprise-ready container management platform that makes it easy to orchestrate containerized workloads, while providing mission-critical features for deploying and managing Docker containers in production and at scale.
“As a company that is 100% focused on the channel, Platform9 is committed to our partners and to our joint focus on delivering transformational technology that creates value for enterprises,” said Sirish Raghuram, co-founder and CEO of Platform9. “We’re honored to be recognized as a game changer in the cloud infrastructure market, and continue to strive to create a world-class channel program to accelerate success with our partners.”
- Become a Platform9 channel partner
- Request of Platform9 demo
- Request a free trial of Platform9 Managed OpenStack or Platform9 Managed Kubernetes
- Follow Platform9 on Twitter
Platform9’s mission is to make cloud infrastructure easy for organizations of any scale. The company’s service transforms an organization’s server infrastructure into an AWS-like agile, self-service cloud within minutes, enabling organizations small or large to run their cloud infrastructure efficiently, at scale, while leveraging the latest open source innovations. Powered by OpenStack and Kubernetes, the service is the industry’s first 100% cloud managed platform for KVM, VMware vSphere and Docker. Founded in 2013 by a team of early VMware engineers, Platform9 is backed by Menlo Ventures and Redpoint Ventures and headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, visit: https://platform9.com.
(1) Gartner “Cool Vendors in Cloud Management, 2016” by Donna Scott, Dennis Smith, Gregor Petri, April 7, 2016
Media and Analyst Contact:
Bateman Group PR for Platform9