Infrastructure and Instance Management
- Pool together servers, storage and networks into one logical pool, regardless of location or virtualization technology.
- Multi-data center support: Pool together resources across datacenters and associate tags to distinguish different locations.
- Policy-based rapid provisioning: Create virtual machines in seconds while Platform9 optimizes for resource utilization, application performance and admin policies.
- Snapshotting: Snapshot existing virtual machines to publish an image to the catalog.
- Set up in minutes: No complex management software to install, configure and upgrade.
- Built-in monitoring: Platform9 engineers are often the first to know of a problem in a customer environment.
- Visibility: Gain instantaneous visibility into capacity, usage, allocation across compute, storage, network, and across geographies.
- Alerts: Configurable alerts based on key resource metrics.
Tenants and Users
- Onboard multiple teams and users and enforce policy-based access control.
- Quota based allocation: Allocate different pools of capacity to different tenants.
- Role based access: Enable role based access for users.
- Maintain a central repository of virtual machine images that can be deployed and shared with different users.
- Public catalog: Download images for popular open source operating system distributions.
- Existing images: Import local images directly, or via a URL.
- Linked clones: Reduce storage footprint by de-duplicating data across virtual machines created from same image.
REST APIs and CLIs
- Automate and script using APIs.