Happy New Year and welcome to 2016!
Box Adopts Platform9
What better way to kick off the new year than with good news? This morning we announced that Box has adopted Platform9’s OpenStack-based private cloud solution to enable DevOps efficiency across two datacenters, serving multiple developer, QA and IT teams at the company.
Why did Box choose Platform9? Madhura Maskasky, my co-founder and Platform9 vice president of products, said it best:
“If anyone understands the value of ease-of use, it’s Box. They are passionate about delivering an easy, collaborative experience to their customers, and it’s a value that transcends their entire operation. At Platform9, we share Box’s commitment to the simplicity of our user experience, combined with a laser focus on the open APIs and enterprise readiness that are so critical to the operational efficiencies of private clouds; and we’re therefore delighted to be powering Box’s growth by providing their private cloud platform.”
Our win at Box is just one of many things that made 2015 an incredible year for Platform9. In the past 12 months, we’ve gone from initial product introduction to growing customer momentum, with thousands of instances under management across multiple platforms!
We are riding a wave of customer interest in OpenStack that is stronger than ever, as we saw conversations within the enterprise shift from “Why OpenStack?” to “Why not OpenStack?” Indeed, our mission to make private clouds easy, open and enterprise-ready removes barriers of complexity and lock-in that have plagued private clouds to date, and makes it easier than ever for customers to adopt OpenStack with great success.
Platform9 is now the easiest (SaaS-based) and most compatible (KVM or VMware vSphere, any hardware, OpenStack APIs) private cloud solution available. We’ve had 10 releases this year, the most significant being the general availability of Platform9 Managed OpenStack for KVM in January and for vSphere in August, with other highlights including:
- Full support for OpenStack Cinder, which enables customers to leverage the storage subsystem of their choice to provide persistent block storage in their vSphere or KVM powered private cloud
- Beta support for OpenStack Neutron, providing customers with a turnkey solution for dynamically provisioning networks within vSphere and KVM environments
- Support for OpenStack Heat, enabling new automation possibilities through a DevOps-friendly paradigm, in which cloud-based applications consume infrastructure as code
- Leveraging OpenStack Ceilometer for programmatic alerts and event notifications from their cloud infrastructure
We have big plans for 2016, so watch this space for more to come, including:
- Expanded platform coverage for customers who are deploying or considering containers in their environment
- Support for the OpenStack Liberty release, in which we will deliver significant platform capabilities for our customers as a zero-touch, seamless upgrade completed in minutes
- Deeper support for SDNs and key networking partnerships
Here’s to great days ahead – we look forward to helping even more customers leverage the latest open-source innovations to accelerate their internal innovation in 2016.
Best wishes for a prosperous New Year – and be sure to contact us when you’re ready for an easy, open, enterprise-ready private cloud!
Latest posts by Sirish Raghuram (see all)
- VMware Tanzu and Project Pacific: 3 Considerations for Enterprises Adopting Kubernetes - August 27, 2019
- Modernize: Five Pathways To Level Up Your Apps And Infrastructure - June 20, 2019
- The Hybrid Cloud Conundrum - April 22, 2019