Kubernetes is extraordinarily powerful but difficult to operate even with cloud providers
Public clouds are a natural place to start your journey with Kubernetes as they offer robust, convenient access to extensive infrastructure. However, despite the availability of managed services such as EKS, GKE, and AKS, operating Kubernetes in a public cloud isn’t easy.
In this whitepaper, we outline common operational challenges customers face:
- Handcrafted pet clusters grow and become unmanageable
- Configuring applications: the try-fail loop
- Advanced troubleshooting scenarios
- Cost-optimizing clusters across instance types and flavors
- Finding the talent to scale up Kubernetes
We also show how Platform9 directly addresses these issues.