Platform9 Launches Channel Partner Program to Meet Growing Demand for Private Clouds
Sunnyvale, CA – May 16, 2016 – Platform9, the company making private clouds easy, today announced a channel partner program designed for resellers, service providers and systems integrators focused on cloud computing, enabling them to more efficiently design and deploy flexible, enterprise-ready OpenStack private clouds for their customers.
According to Wikibon, true private cloud (on-premise and hosted together) is expected to grow from $7 billion in 2015 to $201 billion in 2026 (36% CAGR) and be 31% of infrastructure spend. At last month’s OpenStack Summit, the OpenStack Foundation said half of the Fortune 100 use OpenStack. Wal-Mart, AT&T, SAP and Wells Fargo all spoke about how they’re using open source code to build their private clouds.
As trusted partners, channel partners want to offer their customers alternatives that leverage open source technology to reduce lock-in, help them avoid the VMware or AWS “tax” but are still enterprise-ready to support their data center needs. Platform9 Managed OpenStack provides just that. The solution transforms an organization’s existing servers into an AWS-like agile, self-service private cloud within minutes – enabling organizations small or large to run their private clouds efficiently, at scale, while leveraging latest open source innovations.
“Our new channel program helps our partners capitalize on the significant business opportunity surrounding customers’ cloud transformation needs. Platform9’s unique SaaS-based OpenStack solution enables partners to deliver immediate value to their customers while enhancing their status as a private cloud ‘trusted advisor,’” said Adam Ulfers, Platform9 vice president of sales. “Most importantly, we can help increase our partners’ share of cloud spending by extending their solutions and services as they build out their customers’ data center ecosystems.”
The Platform9 Channel Partner Program gives partners the tools and resources to implement an on-premises private cloud for their customers that delivers the same easy self-service provisioning, open APIs, integration with automation frameworks that users have come to expect with public cloud offerings. The program offers industry-leading incentives, including access to Platform9’s sales and marketing support, joint marketing and demand generation programs, deal registration and compensation on all contracted services.
Channel Partner Quotes
- “With growing concerns about runaway costs and data lock-in with the public cloud, many customers are pursuing hybrid cloud strategy, with IT as internal service providers. With Platform9’s private-cloud-as-a-service, we can transform our customers’ existing data center resources into flexible, enterprise-grade private cloud infrastructure in just minutes – all backed by an operational SLA. Platform9 accelerates the time to value for our customers and for our business as well.” – Alvin Chu, Senior Director, Cloud Practice, FusionStorm
- “While public cloud providers offer computing power and storage on demand, many organizations are uncomfortable giving up control over data locality and data gravity. On the other hand, private cloud can be complex and time-consuming. Platform9 enables us to solve that problem for our customers, with a SaaS-based private cloud solution that is extremely fast and easy to deploy, with powerful capabilities that rival the public cloud, but on infrastructure using any hardware or operating systems, within the customer’s firewall and under their control. Platform9 is the private cloud go-to solution in our cloud computing portfolio.” – Marco Mohajer, Executive Vice President, Technologent
- Learn more about Platform9’s partner program
- Register to join Platform9’s partner program
- Attend an Intro to Platform9 webinar
- Follow @Platform9Sys on Twitter
Platform9’s mission is to make private clouds easy for organizations of any scale. The company’s service transforms an organization’s existing servers into an AWS-like agile, self-service on-premises cloud within minutes, enabling organizations small or large to run their private clouds efficiently, at scale, while leveraging the latest open source innovations. Powered by OpenStack, the service is the industry’s first 100% cloud managed platform for KVM, VMware vSphere and Docker. Founded in 2013 by a team of early VMware engineers, Platform9 is backed by Menlo Ventures and Redpoint Ventures and headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, visit: https://www.platform9.com.
Media and Analyst Contact:
Bateman Group PR for Platform9