KubeVirt is a set of Kubernetes CRDs and controllers (an Operator) that lets you run virtual machines on Kubernetes!
In this webinar we discussed:
- Introduction of KubeVirt, its concepts and architecture
- Key use cases where you can already take advantage of Kubevirt to manage legacy applications – Windows apps included! – alongside Kubernetes
- How to use KubeVirt and some ‘Gotchas’, tricks and things to be aware of for different implementations
- Future of KubeVirt, related projects, and where to start
- Demo time!!
Check out the recording of the webinar below to learn more, and see two cool demos showcasing Kubevirt running on our Managed Kubernetes solution on AWS! 🙂 We show how HA scenarios for legacy components are automatically handled by Kubernetes and KubeVirt, along with a couple of cool surprises!
Computer Science. From his early days interning with UnboundID and with the Chief
Technologist at NASA, to today - he enjoys experimenting with the cutting edge of cloud
technologies like Kubernetes and serverless to make them not only work, but work for
enterprises and 'regular' folks, without having to be a rocket scientist 🙂 At Platform9 he
built the AWS implementation of OpenStack Omni, which was subsequently adopted as
a Big Tent project, and is now contributing to the Managed Kubernetes team. He also
loves tinkering with things and runs quarterly hackathons.
Latest posts by Josh Hurt (see all)
- [Video] KubeVirt – Beyond Containers: Coming full circle back to VMs! - September 12, 2019